Having come to appreciate the art of songwriting while living in Nashville, I realized the difference between a writer, an artist, and an entertainer. Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers is one of those unique talents who manages to embrace all three. The lyrics to his original music clearly come from his heart and soul; his mastery of the guitar is a work of art; and his attentiveness and interaction with the audience is warm and genuine.
—Mark Kaufman, Evening of Story & Song, Fernandina Beach, Florida
Currently booking shows in a wide range of formats, including:
- Solo concerts with multi-instrumental accompaniment (acoustic guitar, Strumstick, cajón).
- Pepper and Sassafras duo with Wendy Ramsay.
- Guitar/percussion duo with Josh Dekaney.
- Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers Band with singer-songwriter Wendy Ramsay (guitar, flute, clarinet, accordion), percussionist Josh Dekaney, and Jason Fridley on bass and saxophone.
- House concerts. Interested in hosting live music in your home? Here’s a guide to the basics.
- Hands-on guitar and songwriting workshops, including Grateful Dead for Acoustic Guitar, Take Your Songs to the Next Level, Writing Songs with Guitar, and Creative Guitar Accompaniment.
- Workshops for schools and colleges combining songs with stories, advice, and Q&A on songwriting, journalism, and media careers.
- Sideman for solo artists and bands, specializing in acoustic guitar rhythm/lead and backup vocals; also can cover cajon/percussion and electric bass. Check out clips from a recent performance with Dan Bern.
Depending on the venue, set lists range from all original songs to a mix of originals and creative covers of artists such as the Beatles, the Grateful Dead, Stevie Wonder, and Richard Thompson.
Concerts and workshops can include sound clips from my personal archive of interviews with artists such as Paul Simon, Jerry Garcia, Elvis Costello, Joni Mitchell, and Pete Seeger.
For inquiries about performance, workshop, and lecture appearances, send an email with the details of your event.
“Wendy is as sassy as sassafras. Jeffrey is the antithesis of hot pepper: gentle and thoughtful. Together they stir up great music—clever, funny, and thought provoking, with an easy rapport with the audience. They had us laughing, dreaming, smiling, and crying to their tunes. We’ll be thrilled to have them back.”
—Gail Brett, Park Coffeehouse, Holland Patent, New York
“We hired Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers and Wendy Ramsay for my brother’s wedding welcome reception. There were about 120 people at a buffet-style dinner. First of all, these two are true musicians and sound great. Their voices blend perfectly and Wendy played a whole bunch of instruments. All the covers were excellent, there were a lot of familiar tunes, and the originals they played fit in perfectly with the rest of the set, while providing a great change from the standard. Also, the volume was just right to fill the room with atmosphere without overwhelming or preventing the party from being able to talk and interact. I’d hire them for another event in a minute.”
—Whitney A. (verified review on GigSalad)